Acne is by far the most common skin condition among both adults and children across the world. While many believe acne to be almost exclusively an issue for your childhood and adolescent years, acne issues are actually just as common in adults as they are in children – with nearly 50% of the world dealing with some form of acne. Whether it be the occasional pimple, or a more severe form of acne, the team at Pura Dermatology is dedicated to getting you the flawless skin you’ve always wanted. It just takes time and little effort!
One of the most common acne myths is that one must let acne run its course and heal itself. While they may be okay for the occasional pimple or whitehead, leaving most acne untreated will result in further skin issues as well as permanent scarring. It is important to get a consultation by a certified dermatologist in order to prevent future issues.
Procedures & Treatments
One of the best means of treating your acne scars is through skincare procedures performed by your dermatologist. Some of the most common treatments are:
- Chemical Peels – Specially formulated medical-grade peels that can treat moderate to severe acne cases, as well as, improve dark marks and the skin’s overall health and aesthetic appearance.
- Laser Treatments – Laser and light therapy treatments are highly helpful in the treatment of acne scars. They can help take away some of the brown and red marks, as well as resurface some of the marks that form depressions in the skin.
- Fractora – Fractora is one of the most versatile devices available today. Its multi-wavelength RF (radiofrequency) system combined with deep microneedling which allows for the treatment of a variety of issues, including acne itself as well as acne scars.
- Manual Acne Removal – Made famous by online “pimple-poppers”, dermatologists will manually drain whiteheads and inject acne cysts, and pimples, mainly to prevent scarring in the first place.
- Dermal Fillers & More – Using fillers like Bellafill, we have been able to treat deep acne scarring by filling in the material with the ability to stimulate collagen, for very lasting results.
For more information on all of our acne treatment options or to schedule a consultation, be sure to contact us today.
DISCLAIMER: All information described here is a guideline. For true diagnosis and treatment, evaluation with a physician is mandatory. Treatments and symptoms discussed here are also a guideline and do not represent all treatments or all symptoms for any condition.