Acne is by far the most common skin condition among both adults and children across the world. While many believe acne to be almost exclusively an issue for your childhood and adolescent years, in reality, acne issues are just as common in adults as thy are in teens – with nearly 50% of the world dealing with some form of acne. Whether it be the occasional pimple, or severe whiteheads, blackheads, and cystic acne, the team at Pura Dermatology is dedicated to getting you the flawless skin you’ve always wanted. It just takes time and little effort!
One of the most common acne myths is that one must let acne run its course and heal itself. While they may be okay for the occasional pimple or whitehead, leaving most acne untreated will result in further skin issues as well as permanent scarring. Its important to get a consultation done by a certified dermatologist in order to prevent future issues.
Procedures & Treatments
One of the best means of treating your acne scars is through skincare procedures performed by your dermatologist. Some of the most common treatments we offer are:
- Chemical Peels – Specially formulated medical-grade peels that can treat moderate to severe acne cases, as well as, improve dark marks and the skin’s overall health and aesthetic appearance.
- Laser Treatments – Laser and light therapy treatments are highly effective for all forms of skincare, especially acne scar treatment. They can reduce bacteria, as well as resurface your skin – alleviating acne blemishes, & acne scars – while stimulating the production of vital skincare compounds like collagen & elastin. They also rejuvenate the skin by creating new skin cells to take the place of old skin cells.
- Fractora Laser – The Fractora is one of the most versatile lasers available today. Its multi-wavelength RF (radiofrequency) system allows us to treat a variety of acne and acne scar issues, all with one revolutionary laser.
- Manual Acne Removal – Made famous by online “pimple-poppers”, dermatologists will manually drain and evacuate acne cysts, and pimples, mainly to prevent scarring in the first place.
- Dermal Fillers & More – Using fillers like Bellafill, we have been able to treat deep acne scarring by filling in the material with the ability to stimulate collagen, for very last lasting results.
For more information on all of our acne treatment options or to schedule a consultation, be sure to contact us today.