Scars, keloids, and lesions can occur as a result of any number of issues. Whether it be a wound, sore, or a result of a surgical procedure. Acne scars are even a fairly common form of scarring that affects many regardless of age, race, or gender.
Scar removal is highly dependent upon where along the body your scarring is located as well as the level of correction needed. The number of treatments as well as the type of treatments may differ as a result of these factors.
Scar Removal Treatment Options
If you’re in need of scar removal it is highly dependent upon where your scarring, the type of scarring as well as the level of correction needed. Generally, Dr. Lodha prefers the use of laser scar removal. As laser treatments offer our patients the ability to remove their scarring with non-invasive means, leaving them side effect and downtime free!
During your consult we will determine the level of correction needed.
Common Treatment Options Typically Include:
- Skin Removal Surgery or Skin Grafting: These procedures are only necessary in extreme cases. If patients require a far more invasive level of correction. Surgery often involves the removal of scar tissue, allowing it to heal and regenerate on its own. While skin grafting or punch grafting involved removing the skin from one area and moving it to another.
- Chemical Peels or Solutions: The use of chemical solutions being spread acris the skin and face. The outer layers of skin will be burned away, allowing for newer layers of skin to grow in its place.
- Microdermabrasion: Using micro-crystals, we exfoliate the skin. Duffing away superficial surface scarring, and allowing new, fresh skin cells to grow in its place.
- Dermal Fillers: For facial scarring injectable solutions can fill lost facial volume and when injected into a scar site they tend to help reduce their appearance. Again, this works best for minor facial scarring.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: The most method of scar removal at our practice. Works the best on the most vast number of facial and body scars, often regardless of size. In most cases depending on how “bad” the scar may be a number of treatments may be required.
For more information on scar removal or to schedule a consultation, be sure to contact Pura Dermatology today.